-
June 21st, 2002, 05:15 PM
#21
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> *wonders what the fascination with the word "mare" is* lol </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
that was me practicing my UK slang LOL
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:18 PM
#22
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Speaking of Americans nicking English phrases, my brother-in-law (Indiana farmboy hick LOL) has taken a liking to saying 'bugger off', except it comes out as 'bugggerrr arfff' LMAO
Bless him....the fool
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
LMAO....I am not a hick...but, I can imagine that I would probably sound just as silly saying it out loud...so I only think it now....but, it's funny ...after being around you guys....I think it ALL the time, NOW!!! rotf!! *wonders when the day will come that it will just pop out of my mouth!* lmao
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:21 PM
#23
Twizzle
Guest
Are you from Indiana Marci?
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:26 PM
#24
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Are you from Indiana Marci? </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
no, but my Dad is....they live in Evansville...it's so small they call it a poke and plumb town.....if you poke your head out the kitchen window....you're plumb out of town!! rotflmao....and they all use their first and middle names!! haha....David Lee, Cheryl Ann, etc.....I went there for summers ...and my first visit when I was ten ....I couldn't understand a word!! LMAO thinking about it now!
Where's your family in Indiana?
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:28 PM
#25
Inactive Member
Terry, have you ever had a conversation with your brother in law about why Indiana is called the Hoosier state?
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:40 PM
#26
Twizzle
Guest
His family all live in and around Montecello - farm land!!!
Actually, it's lovely there and the farm is a hoot. We camp out when we go there - a 'smokey joe', a few 6-packs and the stars....lovely [img]smile.gif[/img]
I probably have had a convo re hoosiers but I'm damned if I can remember why they're called that LOL.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 21, 2002 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:50 PM
#27
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> His family all live in and around Montecello - farm land!!!
Actually, it's lovely there and the farm is a hoot. We camp out when we go there - a 'smokey joe', a few 6-packs and the stars....lovely
I probably have had a convo re hoosiers but I'm damned if I can remember why they're called that LOL.
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds nice....I live in a Metropolitan City...Baltimore, Maryland....Evansville is very near Kentucky (South Indiana)
and the reason that it's the Hoosier state is because the people would always ask "Who's your Mama, Who's your Papa?" =Hoosier! haha....
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:52 PM
#28
Inactive Member
I still don`t understand what Hoosier means [img]frown.gif[/img]
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:56 PM
#29
Twizzle
Guest
LMAO Marci - I had a feeling it was that [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
June 21st, 2002, 05:56 PM
#30
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I still don`t understand what Hoosier means </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
reminds me of Ivan Goran!! rotf!!
ok....if you say Who's Your....really fast it sounds like Hoosier (hoozyur)
does that help? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks